Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Really Like Home Made Gifts...Don't You?

We usually make lists for gift ideas at Christmas time for everyone.  It really makes it a lot easier for me especially when shopping for the Grand kids. 

I can remember when I first went shopping for Tairen, our oldest Granddaughter.  She's just turned 21!!! in December so this was quite a while ago.  She had some toy called "Whizer"  on her list.  Well I looked all over Toys r Us thinking that it was some kind of game.  I finally found someone to help me...."Oh Yes.  That is right over here with the 100 Dalmatians section!"  Hmmmmm.  Didn't make any sense to me until he picked up this little dog that apparently.......well....whizzed on paper!!! 

I laughed so had I almost had to do the same!!!!

But back to the point.  I got this cast iron muffin pan from my Son and Daughter-in-law.  I knew she had made it since it wasn't the first really neat project she has come up with.


I love pictures too so a couple years ago she combined the two with this frame


But I also  have gotten these blankets that I just love from my other daughter-in-law.  (No, no competition going on....at least I don't think so)  I am sure you have seen other blankets made of fleece.  I enjoy them because they are soft, warm, and easy to take care of.

Since these are in our Wisconsin house......I should probably ask her if  she wouldn't mind making a Packers one!!!! 

A great gift is a photo album.  The many photo locations on line have made it simpler to create some awesome photo albums.  Have you tried any?  Recommend any?  I have mostly tried Ofoto.com  and recently was happy to learn that you don't have to keep track of your purchases in order for the albums you have created to remain saved.

Fortunately no one has asked me to make any of their presents.  I have a feeling it will be quite a while before the Grand kids will want anything other than tech stuff or the latest greatest toys!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment